Magnificent Macarons!

 As I was going about my Sunday in Atlanta, I found myself craving a trip to the Virginia Highlands area. With a full day ahead of me, I followed my gut and found myself surrounded by the cutest restaurants, boutiques, and antique shops Atlanta has to offer. For anyone visiting Atlanta, take time (NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES!!!) to visit this beautiful neighborhood.

 One little restaurant/boutique in particular caught my attention as I walked down the beautifully landscaped streets: Cacao.
It is a small company, with locations in Buckhead and Virginia Highlands,specializing in chocolates, candies, and desserts. This beautifully decorated shop had an air of sophisticated elegance... There was a very Parisian vibe to the setup and style the owner's had created.
 After taking in the setting, I had just one choice left: which chocolaty treat would I try? I decided to go a slightly different route, opting for a raspberry macaron.It was the first macaron I had ever had, and the next macaron has a lot to live up to because of it!


 The treat had a light, airy texture with a creamy raspberry center. Needless to say... I was transported straight to Heaven at first bite! So, to anyone finding themselves perusing the streets of Virginia Highlands, make sure you eventually find yourselves inside the four walls of Cacao!








No comments:

Post a Comment