4 Easy Steps to Contouring Your Face



Contouring your face can be a very tricky thing. If you don't do it precisely, you can look like you just generally outlined your face. After many failed attempts, I believe I've finally nailed the proper method of contouring! The reason behind why I contour my face is to give it more of a sculpted look, and by that I mean to slim or tone my facial features. I don't contour my face every time I apply my makeup because it is a bit time consuming. I've gotten so many requests to do this post that I had to finally buckle down and give the followers what they want! So, I hope y'all enjoy it. Here are my steps to get the look! 
1. I find it works best when I put my foundation on before I do my contouring. Your foundation acts as a strong base coat during this process. Ideally, grab a concealer stick that is one to two shades brighter than your actual skin color. I like to highlight areas of my face that I want to have a brighter appearance. For example, my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose (up to the middle of my forehead), and my chin area.

2. Now, for the fun part! Use a darker shade of bronzer to outline the areas of your face that you want to have stand out. In my case it's my cheek bones; I used a slanted foundation brush to apply the bronzer. I also outline my nose... Why, you may ask? Well, it's because it gives an illusion of a slightly smaller nose.

3. Time to BLEND, BLEND, and BLEND some more. For this process I use a flat top makeup brush, mine being from E.L.F, and a beauty blender. Make sure you dampen your beauty blender with some water so the application process looks a lot smoother.

 4. Viola! You're done pretty lady! 

Products Used: 

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer Stick: Link here

Bronzer Bare Minerals Warmth: Link here

Slanted Foundation Brush: Link here

Beauty Blender: Link here

Flat Top E.L.F Makeup Brush: Link here


 photo sig_zps96fc8496.png

No comments:

Post a Comment