Revamping My Skincare Routine

      I usually don't follow through with my resolutions, but this year I'm determined to stick to them... REALLY! One of the things on my list was to find a skincare routine which I could easily follow. I've noticed that I have way too many skincare products in my beauty cabinet. I hardly use all of them! So, I decided to do a complete product detox. I got rid of over 20 different types of products, keeping only a select few around. It's officially been five days since New Years, and I've already noticed an enormous difference in my skin. No more pimples on this girl's face! I also started to cut back on my sugar intake while drinking more water. Healthy skin is happy skin, and that's definitely what I am aiming for this year! Many of the products in my beauty cabinet are drugstore-brand with the exception of a couple. The majority of these products are a pretty affordable, helping even the frugal fashionista keep her skin radiant. Here's to a New Year and a new face!





Step 1: Remove all makeup from your face.

For a very long time now I've been using Neutrogena Makeup Removing Towelettes. The towelettes leave my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated every time. $4.99









 Step 2: Use an exfoliator twice a week.

This scrub is a classic! I even used it back in my tween years. The St. Ives Apricot Scrub is the perfect product to get rid of any dead skin leaving you looking glowing and smooth. $3.99










Step 3: Use a cleanser to wash face twice a day.

I've tried the top-notch cleansers and the bargain basement cleansers; to be honest I couldn't notice a difference. So instead I went straight to the drug store and purchased the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser... And yes, this does leave my skin feeling astoundingly fresh. $5.99







Step 4: Seal the cleanse by using a toner.

I adore Mario Badescu's skincare line. The Cucumber Cleansing Lotion toner is definitely one of my favorite must-haves for any skin routine. The toner helps lessen your breakouts, which in my case are large cratered-looking pimples. $15.00










 Step 5: Moisturize, Moisturize, and Moisturize.

With the crazy cold, harsh weather a girl has to be careful. This weather can really damage your skin, leaving it feeling dry and cracked. I tend to use my Danielle Laroche Active Day Cream moisturizer in the morning and at night. $34.99

No comments:

Post a Comment