Meeting and Greeting My Favorite Designer

Oh, where to begin? It's a girl's dream to meet her favorite fashion designer... That one person who is responsible for the styles and pieces that make her closet complete! My particular experience had me feeling like SJP herself. This past weekend, I found myself presented with the opportunity of a lifetime' an opportunity to meet one of my favorite designers. STEVE MADDEN!


After waiting for about four hours, I found myself first in line thanks to my VIP wristband! There I was, face-to-face, with the chance to meet him and tell him how much of fan I am of his shoe and handbag collections. Many of the ladies present were so starstruck and in awe of him that they could hardly say so little as hello. He seemingly noticed how relaxed and composed I was that he even took the time to shake my hand; he even to time to get to know me for a brief moment. I was so excited that my knees were shaking, but I tried to keep focused on the moment. The photographer at the event took a photo of Steve Madden and I together, and I was overjoyed to see that he was looking right into the camera along with me; some of the girls weren't so lucky, as he was distracted and looking off elsewhere in their photos. Just for showing up, I got a lovely goodie bag filled with some free gifts, and my favorite pair of my favorite Steve Madden stilettos.


During my moment with the man himself, I got him to autograph one of the shoes for me. A funny story from the day was that a met Steve Madden's best friend, who happens to be an executive manager in the company; he and I had a discussion about the shoes I got, which he was responsible for naming. They were called simply "Awesome," which I'm sure many will agree from their aggressive and edgy styling! I am planning on wearing these shoes (can't let these babies go to waste!), though only special occasions. Overall, my experience meeting him could only be expressed in one way... Magical!











                                                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment