LORAC Front of the Line Eyeliner Doupe

If I was told I could only use one makeup product... I know, I know, it's too difficult to even begin to imagine... My number one pick would be eyeliner! I'm a huge fan of black eyeliner; it can come in a gel, pencil, liquid form, or any type you can imagine. As long as it is black eyeliner, I'm satisfied. So, that being said, I did some research as to which eyeliner can give me the perfect cat eye (or winged) look, a favorite of mine...



That's when I came across the Lorac Pro Eyeliner. This super fine-tipped eyeliner works wonders! It's a liquid liner shaped like a pen for easy use. Here are just a few reasons reasons why I LOVE my new eyeliner:


1. It's smudge-proof (because NOBODY wants the dreaded smudged eye look)
2. Waterproof (you never know when a rainstorm might pop in)
3. Long-lasting (for those days when there just isn't time to continuously reapply)
4. It allows for thick or thin lines to be applied (versatility is a wonderful asset)

Now, and I hate to do this part, the con side of this product. The price is around $23.00 depending on what store you purchase it from, be it online or in-person. However, a product this great comes down to an age old argument: price versus value.

Since the price was a tad high, I went on a mission to find the dupe! Ladies, always do your research; more often than not there is a very similar, less costly alternative available for most cosmetics. The first place I went to was my local drug store, and that's where I met Revlon's version of the Lorac Eyeliner. Revlon's Colorstay eyeliner was valued at $7.99, now that's a deal! The only thing I don't like about this product is that it fades after a while unlike the Lorac eyeliner. However, I can get the same winged-eye look from the Revlon Colorstay liner, just like the Lorac eyeliner. Pretty much, it comes down to this: the Lorac liner may be a better product, but for the money the Revlon Colorstay liner is a remarkable deal. Having used both products, I'd have to say that in either case I'm a happy eyeliner fanatic!


No comments:

Post a Comment