Your Lashes Dazzle Me

Maybe she’s born with it, maybe they’re really hers. Yes I was born with great lashes, and I feel blessed to have them. The one thing I love about myself is my lashes, (I know, a bit weird). The best compliment I’ve ever gotten at work was from a little elderly lady who was really mesmerized by my eyes, especially my eyelashes. She said, “Your lashes dazzle me,” hence why I named this blog post after her compliment lol. Mascara is the key to great lashes, and it comes in different brush sizes, colors and even different types (such as voluminous). I seldom wear false lashes because when you remove them the sticky glue can rip off a couple of your own lashes. Trust me, it is pretty painful! I make sure to only wear the false lashes on special occasions like girls’ night out or date night. The majority of the time I wear plain, old-fashioned mascara to give me the classic look I desire for my lashes.  I just wanted to show you what products I use on daily basis to get those pretty lashes for yourselves, even if you’re not born with it.



Here is me with my real eyelashes. El Naturel.

And here is me with false lashes. All Glammed UP.





 Oh, the Classic Maybelline Great Lash:

This is my favorite mascara, and it was the very first type I purchased when I was a teen. I love the way this mascara gives your lashes full-coverage when applying it. I wear this mascara when I go to school or work, and it actually lasts a long time. So many good things can be said about this product; if I had to choose one thing to mention, it would be that it does not clump when you apply it. Clumping should ALWAYS be avoided! The last thing you want to have is spider toes lashes, (that’s what I call clumpy lashes, lol, shown below). You can find this mascara at any drug store, for a price of about $4.99. To all my fans out there, here’s a shopping secret: sometimes Target puts it on sale for $2.99! Add to that a coupon from the newspaper for a dollar off, and then it’s only $1.99. Now that’s a deal! 



 This is an example of clumpy eyelashes aka spider toed lashes lol 

The Shape Blew Me Away… Ulta-Brand Lash BLOW OUT

The Ulta-brand lash BLOW OUT mascara is just perfect as far as I’m concerned! I finally found a mascara that I truly love; if this ever gets discontinued it will be a day of mourning for me. When I worked at Ulta, the very first purchase I made with my employee discount was this mascara. It makes my lashes look so voluminous and full that people think I’m wearing false lashes, which I mentioned before that I seldom do. The shape of the brush is very unique, allowing me to use it on my bottom lashes as well as for my outer, corner-lashes. This helps give me a fanned-out eyelash look. The price is pretty reasonable at just about $10.00! 



 
If You Want to Splurge for Your Lashes, Choose Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara

Sometimes I like to invest in high-quality mascara like Estee Lauder Double Wear. The brush in this mascara is designed with a torpedo-like shape allowing you to add some of the product onto smaller lashes like those on the inner corners of the eyes. This mascara is great for people who have short lashes as it helps lengthen them. Another reason to love this mascara is thanks to it being smudge proof, (yes, I said smudge proof)!!! Now, it is very expensive, though it keeps far longer in the tube than typical mascara. It also has far better results than any of the chemist-brands that most are drawn to for their low price. I bought mine a Neiman Marcus for $21.00, and trust me, it’s a GREAT investment!




No comments:

Post a Comment