Sweet Scents of Serenity

I stopped by the MAC store after work one day last week just to browse around for any new products. As I started to leave MAC, my nose was suddenly bombarded by the most intoxicating smell I had ever experienced... This scent caught my attention immediately, and I found myself instinctively making a beeline straight towards the source. I found myself standing before the birthplace of this wonderful aroma: a store known as The Body Shop. This store specializes in organic and natural products, shying away from big-name brands in favor of more unique stock from small, independent vendors. A great deal of their sales support small companies and communities all over the world. This place is way different than Bath & Body Works, and trust me when I tell you that I'm a huge B&BW fan. The Body Shop gives you a great vibe as soon as you walk in, especially due to the very pure, delicious scents emanating from their products.


So, I enter the door, only to be greeted by a very nice employee approached me asking if I was looking for anything in particular... Yes I was! The first thing that came out of my mouth was, "what is that smell coming from?" She knew exactly what I was talking about, and took me to the corner of the store where she introduced me to two small bottles. The scent that had so overtaken me was a blend of two oils. She said to add a couple of drops of each on a candle oil burner, with the resulting concoction creating that same amazing smell. She handed over a bottle named "Satsuma;" it had more of a clean laundry smell with juts a hint of citrus. Then she gave me a second bottle, which was called "Strawberry;" as the name suggests, it smelled like... Well, strawberries (and I mean FRESH PICKED)!


Each bottle was worth $10.00, but they were on sale!!!

The combination of these scents (so delicious individually), created a perfect partnership. A sweet scent of serenity come true. This scent seemed to so perfectly exemplify summer. Give it one smell for yourself, and be taken away on a private summer getaway on the beaches of your imagination!






No comments:

Post a Comment