Metropolitan Gala of 2013

        Ahh, exciting indeed! The Metropolitan Gala: the Oscars of the fashion world! This event, a literal buffet of what's hot in fashion with all the big names you know and love. This year's theme is trending towards a punk style. Numerous celebrities came dressed to the nines in their favorite punk-inspired design, bringing out their inner rebels and rockers. Some were stunning, while others were, unfortunately, a bit out of control (or all-together just... Bleh); however, such is the risk of punk inspired fashion, where it's either hit-or-miss with little in between. The main color worn was black, in keeping with the motif, but of some celebrities chose to take slightly different approaches; like they say, where there's risk there may be great reward. I decided to rank the celebrity dresses from 1 (burn it) to 10 (fabulous). I have no love/hate relationships with the celebrities themselves, so I kept these as strictly my opinions based on their attire. Though I do love this event, I will look forward to next year's Metro Gala as this year didn't quite strike my fancy. Oh well, the fashion world continues to turn while we all try to keep up and trend up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment